Part-time Executive Assistant and Office Manager
£32,000-£36,000 (pro rata) per annum dependent on qualifications and experience.
Younger Lives are specialists in creating behaviour change programmes that tackle societies' critical health and wellbeing issues. We improve people’s health and happiness to help them be at their very best and have the life they deserve.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated Executive Assistant and Office Manager to join a small team based in our Tooting offices, London. You will work closely with and support the two Directors, manage the day to day running of the office and use your project management skills to ensure the successful completion of projects.
The role is a part-time (28 hours per week over 4-5 days) permanent position offering a highly competitive salary. There is also the option of generating new business with an attached performance related bonus of up to an additional 20%. Job share will be considered from joint applicants.
We are looking to recruit a bright and energetic person, interested in developing their career in a growing business. This is an exciting time of development for the organisation, and you will need to be a motivated and proactive individual who is able to work on their own initiative. You will be at the heart of a fast-paced environment with a start-up mentality that works with large global companies.
The successful candidate will be flexible, committed and willing to play a wider role within the organisation. There is also an (optional) opportunity to play a key role in developing the business by engaging with clients and rolling out the organisation’s health and wellbeing workplace product.
· 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
· Flexible start and finish times (start between 8am & 10am, finish between 4pm & 6pm)
· One day working from home day per week after successful completion of a probationary period
Please visit our website www.youngerlivesgroup.com to see the job description and to find out more about us.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria to email@example.com
Closing date: 7 January 2019
Interviews: 15 January 2019
Detailed Job Description
Title: Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Pay Scale: £32,000-£36,000 per annum
Reporting to: Director
Direct Reports: None
Location: Trident Business Centre, 89 Bickersteth Road, London, SW17 9SH
Ensure that all projects are running effectively and efficiently within agreed timescales and that all administrative functions and day to day activities of the business run smoothly.
To work closely with the two directors to provide administrative support and enable them to make the best use of their time. Co-ordinate with the organisation’s network of associates across the globe.
To play a key role in developing the business by engaging with clients and rolling out the organisation’s workplace product.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that all projects are running effectively and efficiently within agreed timescales.
· Ensure that all current work is tracked appropriately using Workflow Max to enable:
i. management of current ongoing work (setting, assigning and tracking tasks).
ii. tracking of time spent on various projects so that we can accurately assess profitability (of current projects) and also to collect the necessary data to allow accurate cost projections for future work/projects.
iii. scheduling of current and future work to ensure that there is sufficient capacity.
· Take ownership of the company’s operational business plan ensuring that it is updated regularly.
· Organising meetings, preparing agendas and supporting papers, taking minutes, tracking action items arising to completion and maintaining detailed records.
· Regular liaison with all internal and external clients including very senior people in global organisations.
· Forward diary planning, time management and task monitoring to completion for Directors.
· Diary management across multiple time zones, ever mindful of the Directors’ objectives and incorporating relevant deadline planning and desk time to maximise effectiveness.
· Responsibility for monitoring of Directors’ email. Reviewing all incoming messages, taking action to resolve or delegate where appropriate, drafting responses, filtering and prioritising, tracking pending items to completion.
· Preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations and research, standardised formatting of documentation.
· Research for meetings or events etc. as required.
· Coordinating schedule of regular internal meetings.
· Independent ongoing development of appropriate level of business knowledge to facilitate informed decisions.
· The opportunity to play a key role in developing the business by engaging with SMEs and rolling out the organisation’s workplace product.
· Ensure that all administrative functions and day to day activities of the office run smoothly.
· Support the Directors by setting up and maintaining proper records, processes, procedures and systems and ensuring proper implementation and ongoing management.
· Coordinate the process for staff recruitment including advertising, applications, interviews, contracts and induction
· Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with the company’s data protection policy.
· Administering the office accounts using a computerised accounts package (Xero).
· Processing purchase invoices and sales invoices
· Completing appropriate reporting.
· Taking ownership of the Accounts inbox.
· Liaising with the company’s accountant.
Essential skills, abilities and experience
· Excellent organisational skills, and experience of co-ordinating projects or services in a busy environment.
· Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Excellent written and spoken communications skills including an ability to communicate and negotiate with diplomacy in a range of settings at senior levels.
· Confidence and the ability to cope with very senior level clients.
· Ability to work on your own initiative - spotting what needs to be done before others do
· Experience of preparing documentation and coordinating the appropriate administration attached to meetings including minute taking.
· The demonstrated ability to be creative, proactive and innovative.
· Problem solving skills and an ability to work flexibly.
· Experience of understanding, translating and summarising complex information.
· Exceptional attention to detail, strong writing, editing and proofreading abilities.
· Outstanding organisation, prioritising and planning skills.
· Significant experience of delivering effective administrative support and diary management.
· Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required.
· Experience of managing projects appropriate to the position of EA, including supporting other colleagues to meet deadlines.
· A flexible and collaborative approach to working as part of a small team.
· A willingness to take initiative, and work beyond their core tasks as needed.
· Good IT skills and a willingness to develop these and ability to troubleshoot IT issues and problems as they arise.
· Experience of creating, managing and working to administrative processes and procedures.
· An understanding of data protection.
· Positive and supportive behaviour in the workplace.
· Excellent numeracy skills.
· A calm, unflappable approach, combined with a readiness to take responsibility.
· Experience of using Xero or other accounting software.
· Experience of working within formal Project Management.
· Experience of using Lucidchart or similar.